Hyperthyroidism - Does Anyone Here Wear Clear Orthodontic Aligners?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I wanted to ask if anyone here wears clear, orthodontic aligners.  My hyperthyroidism symptoms started last fall, around the time I began to wear aligners.  I just came across an article that says there may be a link.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi SuzeInSD,

No I haven’t. I found I had hyperthyroidism in March and will not see an Endocrinologist until July 31st.i did request an ultrasound and have 2 nodules. Are you wearing these aligners, and if you are, just what benefits are you getting from them?

i am interested in anything that may help.

Thanks

Arlea

• Posted

Hi, could you mention the title of the article? A quick search showed a lot of publications regarding the management of hyperthyroid patients wearing orthodontics.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.