Hyperthyroidism- Exercise- Help first time **

Posted , 4 users are following.

how do people feel when they exercise with Hypothyroidism? After exercising does anyone feel anxious the next day or feel like there heart is beating extra fast?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

The answer is YES, exercise can make your heart beat extra fast when suffering with Hypothyroidism !! If you are taking beta blockers they might help, but I've found that it's better to only do moderate exercise to not increase your heart rate too much. 

Your endo will be able to advise.

• Posted

I can do core workout lower and upper body... Cant do cardio... Cant breath... Palpitations etc... I have an online trainer who did for me workout plan I can do at home (don't like gym) and I can see difference on pics smile slowley but steady

• Posted

Bybthe way I'm hyper with graves

• Posted

I can do core workout lower and upper body... Cant do cardio... Cant breath... Palpitations etc... I have an online trainer who did for me workout plan I can do at home (don't like gym) and I can see difference on pics smile slowley but steady

• Posted

Yes. I have graves also have been on 10mg methimazole since October 2017. Prior to being diagnosed I had anxiety was on meds for that and beta blocker doc said for high blood pressure... but I’m wondering if all the time it was hyperthyroidism and they didn’t know it. I was working out one day and the gazelle type machine I was on my heart rate was 192 beats a min it scared me that’s what sparked my visit to doctor and other times had fast heart rate, fluttering, and feeling out of breath when doing small tasks. Now on meds I do still work out but if go to hard do feel a little exhausted so I try to keep it moderate. And have gained about 15 pounds since October on meds.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.