Hyperthyroidism (Hashimoto Thyroiditis)

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone know if this is caused by an STD 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I wouldn't think so Nikii  but perhaps the associated stress  could have kicked it off ... so to speak .  

People in my family seem to be predisposed to thyroid diseases of various kinds  ... 

HYPO  , GRAVES  .. and  HASHIS

GOITERS   ... etc etc    

Not only Thyroid diseases but a variation of Autoimmune diseases  ... which is more likely to be where the root of the problem lies ...

Luv mx🌹

• Posted

They say that it can be caused by an infection. Is there any truth. Many women in my family have thyroid issues. But not hyperthyroidism some with hypothyroidism. 
    • Posted

If it's caused by an infection ... I'm not aware of that Nikii ...  but it tends to be that in families Auto immune diseases of different kinds  are prevalent.

i.e.  Arthritis, Crohns, Multiple Sclerosis etc . etc. 

just so happens in mine , Thyroid disease is the most common one.

There a drug called,  in UK  Carbimazole   which is anti Thyroid drug and 

which brings everything back under control.   but unfortunately 

some people believe that once their bloods seem to be fine that they are cured of this ... not so .....    it unfortunately, is then  up the the patient to 

continue to try to get the Thyroid to stay Euthyroid..ie normal.

This can and has been done by many ... the treatment is by using vitamins minerals and nutrients to bring the immune System ,  which is invariably the Culprit  .... and NOT  the  Thyroid  Gland ..which really is the Victim ,   back to normal , replacing it with all of the Very Vital l ingredients it needs to perform its work and thereby allowing the Thyroid to live in peace within the body... and bringing stability again to the Metabolism ... which has been 

forced to drive at 100 miles an hour , making us feel very ill indeed.

YOu can do it ..... it just takes knowledge and a little of your time ...  and i bet you think that's nothing compared to feeling as bad as you have been.

Luv Mx🌹

• Posted

Hashimoto's thyroiditis may lead to hyperthyroidism in the initial phase. In the long run, however, the thyroid output usually reduces and most Hashimoto's patients end up hypothyroid and need to take thyroxine supplements. 

• Posted

Thanks for the advice. Is it common when checking the tsh levels they run your cbc w diff. Because mines have been abnormal is this common when suffering from thyroid issues. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.