Hyperthyroidism is killing me

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am a 28 years opd guy . An year before I had been diagnosed hyperthyroidism unknowingly because my eyes were popped out thinking that the problem was with eyes. The doctor prescribed me 10 mg Methimazole tablems twice a day. When the hormones level were good, they decreased my dose to 5 mg twice but my hormones level were rocketed after 1 month and had to take 10 mg twice again. Now the doctor started giving me 100 micrograms of Eltroxin  once a day together with 10mg Methimazol. But since then, I am having weird body changes. I am extremely fatigued, almost fainted saveral times, there is a tingling and numbness on back and left hip, nausea, panic attack, pain in jaw, and many more. I am too much stressed these day. I asked doctor, but he says the hormone levels are okay right now and have to take for atleast 6 months. Please help me out. Is it because of two kinds of medications?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.