Hyperthyroidism what should I expect ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello guys, I haven’t been diagnosed yet (my appoiment with the endo is next week) my hand a legs tremors sarted almost 3 months but they got worse after I got the flu. I went to the doctor one week ago and the doctor noticed that my thyroid was large. Besides the tremors I feel sick in general, my body weak, my muscles sore and nausea that comes and goes.  To my family this is not a surprise since my mom , sister , some aunts and some cousins suffer from thyroids too.  Please tell me I won’t feel this miserable for ever?  My mom seems doing just fine. But reading some of your comments stating that  medication doesn’t do a thing worries me. I’m 38 years old and sick sorry of feeling this way for be rest of my life 😪

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nana ...  

you WILL NOT feel like that for the rest of your life .. I assure you .

my mother , sisters aunts  cousins and nieces  have  Thyroid diseases of one  sort or another.

Way back in the days .. most people didn’t even get a diagnosis .. and just lived with it 

Some in my family were never treated properly and became seriously ill with it .

I’ve  learned  that to become well again you must learn all you can about your condition .

At the moment ... do you actually know what you  have    ..   is it Graves’ disease ?

That is... HYPERThyroid  Disease ... with Antibodies  .....which means your immune system is attacking your otherwise healthy Thyroid Gland .

And if so you need to make your Immune System STOP attacking it   !!!!

You must have bloods taken to establish which it is you have

first !

Then the Endocrinologist  will examine your results and advise you what to do.

For  example .....if you have Graves’ disease you will  likely be put on an antithyroid drug ..  Carbimazole or similar ..

That will , over a few months hopefully , lower the thyroid activity .. to normal and then you learn the way to keep it in that condition .. with the help of vitamins and minerals ... many of us here have done just that .. and become well again !

.... and you can too..

First get your blood results copied on paper at your surgery .. they are obliged to give these to you .. come back here and print them out in their entirety .. including all numbers in brackets those are your lab ranges .. and they show where you are on the scales ..

Then we can see what  your situation is and advise from there 

Please don’t give up hope ... I was very ill indeed when I started in this journey three years ago ... 

two years ago now i became normal again  ..  ie  in a Euthyroid state .. and I’m planning on staying that way .

Well explain later just how you can do that too ..

Good luck Luvvie at Endo appt.

Luv mx🌹

• Posted

Wow madge thanks so much for this info. Doctor said she suspects  Graves’ disease since my blood work showed high thyroid. I will know for sure once I have my appointment with the endo. I’m glad to hear you are feel good.  That makes me feel much better!  I will update how my endo appointment goes and will post results too. Thank you once again! ❤️

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.