Hypnosis

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone tried hypnosis for depression anxiety if so do they work as I have tried everything I was wondering if anyone has tried this so I can try and book in a few sessions please advise

2 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I downloaded a hypnosis app today! It was nice and calming while I was doing it but I can't say anything about results yet. It's called anxiety and panic relief. You should try that for a while and see for yourself and then book some sessions! I've heard that hypnosis can do wonders. Best of luck!

• Posted

I have not tried hypnosis, personally that freaks me out, for some reason. lol. Imagine that, something else I am anxious about? NO WAY! haha anyway- I have done some meditation and calm anxiety relief yoga! It helps. There are endless free videos on YouTube and I also downloaded the "Calm" app from the app store. It walks you through your meditation. It is calm and peaceful. It is mindfulness meditation so it teaches you how to live in the NOW and not the past or future or not to be filled with worries. 

Good luck. Please share a post if you do Hypnosis and share how it went! 

• Posted

Ha ha I will share it as soon I book a session I just hope they don't get me running around like a donkey or something stupid but I just hope it makes me feel better

• Posted

HAHA I am afraid they will find out things that I don't even want myself to know lmao. Like deep secrets or something hahaha

• Posted

No I said find something out that even I don't want to know. Like something in my memory banks that I can't recall lol. 

• Posted

Hey folks

I am a hypnotist, so I will try to dispel some myths for you.

When under hypnosis, you are not "asleep" in the traditional sense. Hypnosis is better thought of as a meditative state with hyper focus on a single idea. It's the same state that occurs when you get really into a TV show or book and stop noticing the things around you. Also common is "highway hypnosis" - where you are driving along and reach your destination, but then cannot remember the drive at all.

Many people do experience amnesia for the session - whether by design of the session itself, or by coincidence due to how the mind processes these sorts of things. Some hypnotic work is best done in the unconscious mind, so a hypnotist may purposely arrange for the client not to remember the session to allow that work to happen without interference from the conscious mind.

Much of the best hypnotherapy work is what we called "content free". What this means is that the hypnotist doesn't actually even have to know what issue you are working on. We can communicate directly to the unconscious mind, ask it to find a solution, and ask it to impliment that solution.

In regards to digging up buried memories - this is largely a myth. It is possible to be reminded of something from your past, sure, but a good hypnotherapist doesn't need to go into your past. They will simply forge a path forward to improvement.

Hope that settles things a bit for you folks.

Have a great day!

• Posted

I'm in the USA, PA, and I charge at least $150 USD a session.

And yes, it works for depression an anxiety.

• Posted

I have tried this and I know of two others who tried it for anxiety also.

Ultimately we all have to make our own choices and choose what suits us and if this works for some then it can never be a bad thing.

Personally I found it to be calming whilst I had the hypnotherapy (you usualy have a course of it which can last for a few weeks) but once it was finished I didn't notice any huge changes in my anxiety.

The only thing that makes a difference (in my personal opinion,) is therapy...but everyone is different.

• Posted

Yes numerous times and no it doesnt work. The issue is us. We are very analytical and cyncal people. We ruin it bu not letting go enough to accept it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.