Hypnosis for fibromyalgia pain

Posted , 8 users are following.

in my understanding my brain over reacts to pain, so i was wondering if hypnosis would be able to retrain the way my brain interprets pain. Has anyone tried hypnosis for fibromyalgia?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

That’s a really good question Joanne, I will be very interested to here from others too..I’ve heard about retraining your brain for life, but never hypnosis, mind you I would be very comcered about giving myself over to anyone to be hypnosiized I would be worried other stuff might be suggested too..so I’m looking forward to the answers to your question..have a lovely day and be blessed..😍😍😍💐

• Posted

Joanne, you have a point there because that's how I took the breakdown of what the problem is. I'm not sure if hypnosis will work but it might. Have you tried yet?

• Posted

I HAVE JUST FINISHED A 4 WEEK HYPNOSIS FOR PAIN HELP AND I HAVE HAD A HYPNOTIC GASTRIC BAND, AMAZING I WOULD RECOMMEND TO ANYONE SUFFERING, I FELT THE PAIN LIFT OUT OF MY LEGS IT WAS FAB, I HAVE ALSO LOST ONE STONE FIVE POUNDS IN 4 WEEKS MY MENTAL STATE ALSO FEELS BETTER, MY HUSBAND WAS VERY SCEPTICAL BUT AGREES WITH ME THAT ITS THE BEST 250.00 SPENT ON TREATMENT. I NO LONGER SEE THE THERAPIST BUT YOU ARE GIVEN TWO HYPNOTIC CD'S TO LISTEN TO SO YOU CAN CARRY ON WITH THE TREATMENT. HOPE THIS HELPS ANYONE OUT THERE THINKING ABOUT HYPNOSIS

MUCH LOVE TO ALL

• Posted

good morning Joanne i also have fibromyalgia and i am a qualified hypnotherapist and counsellor the use of hypnosis is really effective , i worked with a varity of clients with different neurological conditions mainly MS and Fibro so i would say it is well worth you trying hypnotherapy , like any Therapy its really important that you feel comfortable and supported by your therapist , the cost can vary greatly so be aware of this . lots of people will

only know hypnosis through seeing stage events or television shows remember these are staged events hypnotherapy is not used in this way within a private practice , be opened minded it can take a couple of sessions before you are able to relax and enjoy this is normal and with anything you may not like it and thats fine too x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.