hypnotherapy??

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hey guys just a quick question, I've been referred for CBT but am looking into hypnotherapy also for my panic attacks and anxiety, the propranolol is working on the physical symptoms but not the mental ones so I'm still kind of having panic attacks but not in the same sense, and the venlafaxine is working on the depression but not the anxiety......i know i should be letting the medication work, I've been on them for 3 weeks now, its just i still can barely sleep due to the half hearted panic attacks and the anxiety over the panic attacks and still haven't returned to work as i still feel like i cant return......i just wanted to know if anyone else had tried this route? And what the results were?

many thanks guys

Love Danielle x

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi ya can I ask what physical symptoms are the proprapol working on I've tried so many pills but nothing helps.ive had one session of hypnotherapy but been so ill last few weeks have to keep cancelling appointments.how long have you been ill xx
  • Posted

hypnotherapy could work for you but cbt is a definite must. I have tried it and it turns negative thoughst into positive thoughts. With practice your troubles should ease.

Richard

• Posted

I have tried some treatments but CBT looks like an option for my anxiety/nervousness issues
  • Posted

Ye the propranolol stops the release of adrenalin, so my heart doesn't race, i don't get tremors, the blind panic rush, the sweats, tingly hands or feet.....just completely took the physical side of them away.....i must admit i am starting a higher dose because mine aren't working as well anymore, but the only thing you have to compete with is the mental side of things, like my panic attacks are triggered by one specific thought (i wont get into that now) but its 90% easier to deal with because now all i have to do is distract my mind.....ye i still get the shock awake panic attacks (i have them at night when i try to sleep) but they only last a few seconds, then i take about half an hour to fully make sure I'm back in control and i try to go back to bed.....it honestly does make life easier, the only thing i have to do now is calm my anxiety because I'm just waiting for the physical side of the panic attack to come on, but they never do.....my heart stays at a steady pace, there's no adrenaline rush, i don't feel panicked at all, its just that first initial shock.

I'd recommend trying it, really i would, my days are calmer, i sleep longer.......not better though, i have very vivid dreams and don't feel like I've fully rested.....im afraid this is my only side effect from them.

Hope this helps

Danielle x

• Posted

Oh and P.S I've been suffering with panic attacks for 8 years now, and this is the first time I've sought medical help
  • Posted

Hi, I'm sorry I can't help you with that ...I've just recently got bad anxiety ... Can anyone tell me if you've tried hydroxyz hcl before? And if you did how'd you like it? I just recently got prescribed that and I'm not sure about taking it
  • Posted

Well Danielle have tried both unsuccessfully,and all I can say is give it a try and see for yourself,as I said to you before we are all different,and some treatment works for some but not for others.

But what have you got to lose? Try it!

• Posted

£50 per session, that's what i have to loose lol sorry but i came on here because there's no way NHS would pay for me to have hypnotherapy when they've already recommend CBT ..... I want to try both really and see which one works best for me. Now I'm willing to spend that amount of money on hypnotherapy IF it has at least worked for a few people, see I'm sceptical over what might work and its my partner that suggested it, so i thought id give it a whirl.

Just want to hear its worked for a few people first.

But thanks for the feedback so far guys.

Love Danielle x

• Posted

I take Mirtazapine to help with anxiety. CBT also helped, but without the meds I never would have got to the sessions. On some people hypnotherapy just doesn't take, on others it can help. Have you been hypnotised before? As you have been suffering for a long time, it is likely it will take a while to improve and many sessions may be required. Hope you feel better soon. David.
  • Posted

Nope never been hypnotized before, think that's why I'm so sceptical about it all, never really believed in it.....but like i said in willing to give anything a whirl.

Danielle x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.