Hypnotherapy

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all, just wondered if anyone has tried hypnotherapy for their anxiety? I have my first session booked in this evening. I'm a little nervous about it but also really looking forward too it - hoping it will help the physical symptoms I'm having. But of course it's slot of money in which I don't want to waste. Can anyone tell me if it actually helps?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi I was thinking of starting it too, what are you physical symptoms?? 
    • Posted

Hi Rachel,

My physical symptoms are different all the time. I think my worst one is dizziness and feeling faint. Also I get achy muscles and I'm very tired all the time.

I'll let you know how it goes smile 

• Posted

I'm the exact same as you Charlotte it's horrible! It really does interfere with my daily life and it's unbearable especially this morning I'm very lightheaded and have a horrible migraine coming on😞 please do hope all goes well😊
    • Posted

Oh no, it's the worst thing ever! I've had this for 9 months now and with 2 little ones it's starting to get me down. I think because im like this most days, I've started to thing there is something seriously wrong but the doctors have assured me there's nothing wrong. So I'm open to try anything that's going to stop me feeling this way! I'll post to you later x
    • Posted

I'm the exact same I've been told time and time again that I'm fine by my doctor but I'm always looking for reassurance! Please do thank you x
    • Posted

I had dizziness, for months, then it just went away by itself.

My worst symptom is the heart fluttering randomly.

(Usually happened when bent down or in awkward position)

But because I have anxiety........ Doctors say "it's anxiety"

I haven't had an attack for a while myself, I'd love to do hypnotherapy, but I ain't paying.

Free NHS etc.....

• Posted

Please get back to us about how your hypnotherapy session goes. I've been thinking about trying it. 

Hope it helps. 

• Posted

Anybody know any techniques for relaxing after an anxiety attack? Just had a really bad one need help😞
    • Posted

I had a really bad attack yesterday and it lasted all day, best thing you can do is surround yourself with people who care for you and try and just relax. Chances are, if you've just had one you won't have another so no need to worry x
    • Posted

It's so hard to deal with I'm only 17 years of age In my last year of school and I get sent one today because of my anxiety it's upsetting😞x
  • Posted

Hi there,

just wanted to mention I do hypnosis for anxiety on youtube...free and it really relaxes me, and I enjoy it very much I've tried several but one in particular suits me the best.

cant wait to hear how it goes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.