Hypo.

Posted , 3 users are following.

When my sugars go high, I cant inject to bring them down like type 1 diabetics. So its down to amounts of food for me. My problem time seems to be in the evening. So I think I'll get an appointment with the diabetic dietician.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If you are type 2 then go online and find out about reversing your diabetes. Are you overweight by much? Or maybe you can't get as much exercise as you like. Anyway you can improve your situation but you have to discuss this with your gp or dietician. Tell them you are interested in reversing and want their help to do it. Go online before you see them so you have info on reversing.

• Posted

If you are type 2 then go online and find out about reversing your diabetes. Are you overweight by much? Or maybe you can't get as much exercise as you like. Anyway you can improve your situation but you have to discuss this with your gp or dietician. Tell them you are interested in reversing and want their help to do it. Go online before you see them so you have info on reversing. I don't why you are on injectable drugs unless you have been type 2 for years. Were you ever on metformin ?

• Posted

Always on insulin for 15 years now. I use one pen to inject both insulins at one time. My weight is very good at 11st 3 and I'm 5'8" in height.

• Posted

Yes an appointment with diabetic dietician sounds a good idea to me.

Remember it is not only what you eat but when you eat it.

Whatever you do do not skip meals. 3 meals a day.

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.