Hypo and Menstral Issues

Posted , 3 users are following.

So since October I’ve been having medication issues. Diagnosed hypo about 8 years ago. In October found out TSH was 9.2. Meds were changed and in December TSH was .112 and in February was .142. Realized that October reading may have been due to missed doses which resulted in over medication and low levels. Switched back to original dose and now TSH is .652. Meanwhile after my cycles in both December and February I had light to medium spotting for about 5 days. Could this have been due to thyroid and medication issues?  Any other ladies have similar issues?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Please let your doctor know about your spotting ASAP.

You must take your thyroid medication as perscribed. Your being prescribed a higher dose, which resulted in a very low TSH is not good.

This will cause symptoms of hyperthyroidism, and may result in permenant heart damage. The goal is to take your meds as prescribed to improve your health, because too much or too may damage your body, and not improve your long-term quality of life.

Try one of those days of the week drug cases, they are great and let you know whether you if you took your meds for that day or not. Take your meds as directed, Stay healthy and enjoy life, despite being hypo.

• Posted

Thanks you. I started using an app to track taking my meds in October when this all started. That’s how my doctor and I figured out It was my error that caused the initial higher results and then over medication. I’ve followed up with gyno who sent me for ultrasound and is now doing biopsy to rule out any worse case scenario which of course has me conceded and anxious. I do believe it is due to the medication but can’t figure out why it only happened those 2 months. 
  • Posted

Yes, thyroid problems effect your cycle. Meds affect the cycle.

Spotting, heavy, light, irradic... You’re normal.

• Posted

Thanks. I’ve followed up with my gyno who sent me for an ultrasound and is now doing a biopsy to rule out any worse case scenario for the spotting which of course has me anxious and worried. I do believe it could all be related to the thyroid but can understand why it would only happen those 2 months and not the rest. 
    • Posted

Uterine polyps can cause excess bleeding. 

However, low thyroxin can lead to low progesterone, which causes spotting and frequent periods.

• Posted

I know the ultrasound showed a small fibrous. I know there's thousands of things that can cause the spotting just nervous the biopsy will show something that requires more than a pill. 

I know the thyroid can be causing it. I just don’t know if the thyroid would only make it happen twice and with a month between where it didn’t happen. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.