Hypo on 100mcg of Levo a day. Still have symptoms any advice appreciated

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been on Thyroxin since April 2014. I still get symptoms and dont know how to approach my GP about it. My last bloods a month ago showed tsh at 6.3 so Levo was increased to 100 from 75. If anyone has any advice I'd be truly grateful because still feel awful.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

TSH 6.3 is still quite high. If your GP won't continue to increase your dose (although I don't see why they wouldn't with a TSH like that), I would ask for a referral to an endocrinologist. You could also see if they would add some T3. You should also request free T3 and free T4 to be tested. Most people feel better with TSH in low end of reference range and free Ts in the higher end. Good luck!

• Posted

Thanks so much. I will ask for a referral and see what response I get. I had to fight for throxin and that was with tsh of 13.2!! They're so under educated ??

• Posted

Seriously?! That's crazy. Sadly we have to push for our own health. I ended up switching doctors because mine wasn't listening to me and I had done my research and knew what I was talking about. I found a new GP and she referred me to an endo and I am so happy with both of them. Don't give up! It's a pain switching doctors but when it comes to your health it's worth it to find someone you can actually communicate with and who knows what they're doing. 

• Posted

Yes it's so much easier. The GP surgery im with are so overrun. I'll push for endo referral though. t3 treatment is going to be difficult but I can bring it up. Thanks again ??

• Posted

Please eat more protien this builds the cells in your body and could help you feel better. Can I ask when your due to go back to the doctors again?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.