Hypo symptoms

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi,

im writing in hopes of receiving some feedback from others who have been diagnosed hypothyroid and treated with synthroid with no abatement with regard to symptoms.

essentially im questioning whether what i believe to be symptoms due to hypo are actually being caused by something else.

im a 29yo male. i was diagnosed in 2015 when i began feeling extreme fatigue (not sleepiness), restless body and a general feeling of wanting to jump out of my skin, sensitivity to cold, frequent urination at night, malaise/depression, strange taste in my mouth, and of course the inability to sleep as a result of this tortuous state. when i do sleep my mind seems to be racing/replaying my day over and over and i go from being asleep to fully awake and cognisant. there is nowhere to hide.

i was placed on a low dose of synthroid which brought my labs back in line with no change in symptoms. fast forward to present day and im suffering the same symptoms and am currently on a low dose of armour thyroid.

i want to note that these are not symptoms that a normal person can simply push through, they are debilitating.

ive suspected other causes such as pituitary tumor, adrenal insufficiency, low levels of iodine/vitamins.

id appreciate any ideas you may have as i feel as though my current state may be the new normal for the rest of my life.

thanks in advance

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

To help sleeping issues, heat your bedroom for about 1hr and 30 mins before going to sleep. Brain exercise also helps with sleep.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.