hypochondria

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm a medical student.. and I suffer from hypochondria.. I know all the symptoms, all the disease,, and I imagine them for myself..

I recently thought of MS.. I had brain MRI, that was normal.. but know I think of diseases worst than MS..

I can't sleep at nights.. I'm so disappointed.. I feel I stuck In a whirlpool..

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I have been through similar and know it's tough to straighten our your thoughts. The mind is so powerful and leads the body. I have had health anxiety/hyperchondria for several years and am just starting to beat it....Try read a book I have recently read. It will be a great help for you. It's called Stop Thinking Start Living, by Richard Carlson.... Will really help you get control on your thought process... All the best
  • Posted

You are in the perfect field of study swap to auto immune specialiaty, our collagens (28) have 1,000 of mutations and ove 100 sub catigories known and named, think how many you have, - (clue you in we !100% of us has this wrong) we are all doomed !

Now you know you are mortal and cannot do anything about it go jog 6 miles a day or swim, and become a doctor that uses Oral tolerance and HSCT to change the world ,

What year medical student are you in ? 

• Posted

I'm in the finally year, I will graduate soon..

sorry I didn't understand you well.. I'm not English .. can u tell me more simple, plz

• Posted

Hey, I too had that to severe level in final year of Uni, what is your diet like you need to cut caffine, energy drinks
  • Posted

Hi Mina,

You are still a student and not yet completed your medical education. So it is better not to jump to a final conclusion. You are learning these diseases /complaints from patients and not for you to imagine yourself in such a picture. There is always some pathophysiology and a particular course of progression of a disease. Having knowledge of disease does not cause disease. Change your way of thinking. Collect as much as information you can and complete your medical education successfully. All the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.