Hypochondriac/anxiety help

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys I'm 26 years old I've been suffering from being a Hypochondriac for about 7 years now I allways think there somthing roung with me and I have anxiety I had a breakdown about a month and a half ago which drag me into a deep hole and mine anxiety went off the roof. Feeling a little better now not feeling as sick anymore from the anxiety making me sickbut I still can't get it out of my mind that there's something wrong with me I just need some help or some advice. This is no way to live I'm just scared I don't want to call a sickness all me from being a hypochondriac I'm on anti-depression 10mg right now I'm 6.5 in height I don't feel like the medicine is doing anything to me any suggestions please help

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hypochondriasis is fear, fear without due reason is an indication of an underlying psychological condition.

Maybe a trip back to your doctor is in order, with a view to obtaining a referral to appropriate mental health services.

There is much that can be done today to relieve symptoms such as your's, but you need to be perfectly open and honest with your doctor about the effect that it is having on your life.

• Posted

I'm going back soon and it having A big affect on my life I never use to be like this as a child I just whant to stop this and be my self I can't remember how it even feels to be my self any more
    • Posted

I feel that the sooner you get back to see your doctor the better.

Nobody should have to live in constant fear.

Good luck

• Posted

I feel exactly the same scared there is something wrong with me when small thing happen. I just can't help it, I take citalopram which does help the anxiety a little but I'm still scared something bad is going to happen in my life like cancer. I'm seeing a counsellor on Thursday as a last resort to help me overcome this. I never used to worry, but now I can't stop.
    • Posted

Yeah it's definitely something that's horrible to deal with I've been dealing with it for seven years on and off and it's definitely hard to enjoy lifewhen all you do is think about what if I'm taking medication as well which how things are you go down a little bit but sometimes little things trigger that hypochondriacand it's hard for me to snap out of it Google is definitely not a place to go to it's hard for me not to go to it but I deathly need to stopi've heard antidepressants SSIr really good with this situation I've just started so we'll see what happens I hope the therapy can help you out keep me updated
    • Posted

I'm always on google I don't help myself at all but can't help it. This group has helped a lot. Citalopram do work to a certain extent but you can never really change the way you think. Good luck to you!! At least I know I'm not the only one!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.