hypoglycemia and thyroid disease

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone else have thyroid disease?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm not sure I know what you mean by thyroid disease - my thyroid is not diseased but doesn't function at its proper capacity - I have to take a thyroxine tablet once a day.  I also used to take an iodine supplement in the form of kelp tablets but I have found a better way of introducing iodine to my body is by painting a drop of liquid iodine on my leg or stomach (wherever doesn't show as it stains yellow for a short while). This has prevented me from having to take a higher dose and at the same time supporting my own body naturally .  Apparently if you eat lots of cabbage, broccoli etc it interferes with your body's ability to absorb iodine through your gut.  Hope this helps.
  • Posted

Hello.I have a under-active thyriod not yet on pills but going through the motions of haveing treatment from doctor soon.it causes me a lot of probelms making me very ill.
  • Posted

I have an under-active thyroid, diabetes Type 1 and am allergic to gluten/wheat. I have only just discovered that I may be a LADA. Occasional changes in my dose of Levothyroxine. Not great diabetes control. I do not have good Hb1Ac. I have absolutely no pattern in my carbs/insulin ratio. Some help would be most welcome. I do a lot of exercise.

Thank you from Brian. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.