Hypogonadism?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello! I am 25 year old male who looks like 15-17. I've had gynecomastia since i was 15 and also havent grown since that age. Tbh my body havent really changed at all. My bones didnt grow larger or increase of muscles though i trained alot and went through a mandatory 2 years of national service. I still look very young and feel very depressed because of this.I researched about this online and found about hypogonadism. Is that the case or am i suffering from something else?   

Thank you!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

oo i know what might be wrong with yah, you need to have some blood work to check your total testosterone and free testosterone. good luck finding a doctor to treat it though if it is low... i myself had a total testosterone of 275 ( range is like 270-1000 or something) but because i was in range they wouldnt help it, a testorone of 275 is something a 90 year old should have, ( iam 27).
    • Posted

edit i thought your thread title said hypothyroidismredface lol havnt had my coffie yet...

• Posted

sooo yeah i guess i think your problem is Hypogonadism lol
    • Posted

HAHAHA! thanks! i just want to look a bit like my age so i can go to work and build a career.
  • Posted

Your condition could be classed as hypogonadism but it could also be caused by hypothyroidism.   Do you still have the gynaecomastia? Have you ever seen a doctor about your concerns?   You may need medication to balance your hormone levels or thyroid levels but only a qualified doctor can sort this out. Do you have any other concerns,like small testes,or lack of facial hair, or excessive tiredness?  You are obviously not in UK as you have mentioned National Service.
    • Posted

Hello marina! Yes i still have those! Its not huge but its pretty obvious. I dont think i have small testes. i believe i had high libido all my life. I do have facial hair though its not very thick. I am sometimes very tired, that is due to sleeping very late and lack of quality sleep.I live in singapore! 

Thanks for you reply marina!

• Posted

that could have something to do with your hypogonadism, testosterone is highest when you first wake up, thats why sometimes you have morning erections upon waking.
  • Posted

Your first step is to see your doctor and suggest thyroid and hormone level tests,saying you want to sort out the gynaecomastia problems.     If either of these results are abnormal then I would hope your doctor can prescribe medication to sort it all out. 

In the mean time,have a look at your Father's build and also any brothers or uncles. Do any of them have similar characteristics? eg small stature, thin beard,look young, etc. It may just be an inherited factor and you would have to accept that.

• Posted

Hey thanks for the reply! my parents do look young though they are in their fifties(they look early 40s). I will follow your advice. I also my teenage years werent they best! i always skipped meals because i felt worthless and depressed because of many things. Do you think its due to years of malnutrition that i remained younger?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.