Hypothyrodism

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have been suffering from really heavy legs and aching joints. I was taking a supplement that upset my thyroid. Doctor said any active ingredient will upset thyroid. I am not sure what that means..I am taking normal medication and doctor said my thyroid levels were 'spot on' I can't believe that..I always needed to be at the high end of normal before I could function properly so if my test is 'spot on' now that means it is not at the high end of normal. I certainly know I am tired and have these aching legs and slightly sore dry eyes. I recently heard turmeric is good for hypothyroidism sprinkled on food has anyone else these symptoms. 

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hun,muscle aches and pains are all par for the course with an underactive Thyroid I've lost the outer hairs on my eyebrows and my eyes can get sore as well The Joys of It! 😫

• Posted

Olive, you r post leaves a lot of open questions. What do you mean by "normal meds"? Didn't your doc tell you what your thyroid level (TSH) is?  Anything higher than 4 is getting close to hypothyroid. And how do you know that the supplement you took upset your thyroid in the first place? If you can fill in some of the blanks it will help people on this site give you helpful feedback :-)

• Posted

Hi What waas the name of the supplement may I ask ?

Try not to worry about this.

Take care

Jane xx

• Posted

OMG. moderated out the supplement name. 

What were the ingredients in the supplement?

Which ingredients do you feel caused a problem for you?

• Posted

I have had hypothyroidism for 15 long years. I have been an athlete and active most of my life so this diagnosis was very debilitating in my brain. Doctors do not offer any helpful advise only meds. After 15 years I increased,YES!! increased my macro intake and started new weight lifting program. I am so happy! Brain fog, exhaustion, joint pain, tiredness are all gone!! I wasn't eating properly and doing too much cardio! So do your research properly! From people who actually suffer from this! So much false information from people who don't suffer from thyroid issues. Bodybuilding.com has calculations for how to figure your macros. Hope this is helpful! When you feed your body what it needs, it is so greatful ?

• Posted

Hi Lisa, thanks for your post. I completely agree. You mention macros. Are you referring to supplements? Please elaborate and copy to a private message to me. Thanks so much!

Also, I've had good success with amino acids if you're interested.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.