Hypothyroid symptoms?

Posted , 5 users are following.

My tsh was tested at 7.26 but then I got it tested again and it was in the high fours. I also had my t4 and others tested. Is my thyroid sputtering?

Does anyone with hypothyroid have body pains all over? I get extremely random pains in my armpits, insides of biceps, buttocks, inner thighs, ribs, collarbone, chest pain. Very dull achey pains. Some days I feel great and somedays I feel terrible. Anyone experience this?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Danielle 

yes I am hypo as well & the joint aches are horrible, how high are the dose of your meds?

• Posted

Honestly though, it doesn't feel like the joints. It's just random pains literally everywhere and they seem to move around. It's strange. The doctor basically won't put me on meds until my thyroid "fizzles out". I'm so frustrated about it.. it was 7.26 and then I got tested again to make sure I was hypo or something and it was like 4.90 I think. So she told me I have to test again in 3 months.

• Posted

Yes!!!

I had breast cancer in 2015 so they are currently testing me to ensure the cancer isn't back in the bones but I'm sure it's going to be clear and the pain is due to the hypothyroidism. Got bone scan on Wednesday coming. 

I was diagnosed December 2013 and put on 75mg, every blood test it is back up to TSH of 8.5 and levothyroxine is increased by 25mg - I am now on 200mg daily. 

Referred to my second endocrinologist and have initial appt 17th November 2017 - 3 months to wait !

I am on tramadol which helps but know that these are opium based and don't feel that this is long term solution 

Diane2619

• Posted

My primary care doctor treats thyroid issues and I'm very close with her (family friend) and she told me that she's had women come in with bones aching and that was the only symptom and it ended up being thyroid related so I'm sure that's what it is.

• Posted

7.26 is definitely hypo and high fours is barely "normal". So yes it seems as if your thyroid is not functioning well.

• Posted

Yes I was wondering because I hear people say "one persons normal isn't another persons normal". So if someone is testing at 7.26 at any time then they're thyroid definitely isn't functioning properly? 

• Posted

I would say yes based on personal experience and many comments here, although I am not a medical professional.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.