Irregular/missed menstrual cycles

Constipation

Sensitivity to cold

Poor memory

Trouble concentrating

Knee, hip and lower back pain

Dry, itchy skin

Headaches

My TSH is 1.23 (normal range of 0.35 - 4.94), Free T4 is 1.08 (normal range of 0.70 - 1.48) and T Uptake is 30.3 (normal range of 26.0 - 32.0), so everything looks fine there. I've been dealing with this for nearly a year and am just looking for a way to get back to my normal self.

Side note, could vitamin D deficiency cause this? Ive been having a hard time retaining it. It's currently 19.7. I also had an abnormal brain MRI that "resembles MS or vasculitis" and am waiting on my neurology appointment in a month, but have been told it's likely nothing. Thanks in advance...

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

So are you having all of these symptoms? If so you should speak with a doctor specializing in thyroid. The neurologist will be able to determine if you have MS or a vascular disorder but they probably wont have any information about your thyroid levels. From my experience those symptoms can be caused by a thyroid issue, but they can also be caused by other issues.
    • Posted

Yes, I have all of these symptoms. I have been seeing an endocrinologist and he saus my thyroid function is fantastic. He has also checked my cortisol and prolactin levels and they're fine as well. He's going to check my estrogen and progesterone and if they're normal he wants me to see an OBGYN, which I have already done and he told me I was probably just over eating and needed antidepressants. I have had one half peanut butter sandwich and water today. That's about as much as I eat any day, and I'm on my feet quite a bit most of the time, so definitely not over eating. My periods are almost constant, and even the few days in between them that I get I spot. My whole body has broken out in acne. Just ready for a diagnosis rolleyes
    • Posted

I can unfortunately relate, although my problem is inability to gain weight.... I have been diagnosed with hashimotos. Have you been tested for that? It requires a blood test that checks for antibodies.
    • Posted

Yes, I have had a full panel for all autoimmune diseases. They were all negative. I did just have my estrogen and progesterone checked and from what I can tell, there's something off with them, but until I hear from the doctor I won't know for sure what's going on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.