Hypothyroidism

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everyone,

I am a 23 year old female who had a TSH level of 8.8. Also had a t4 level of 1.0.

I have been feeling quite tired and out of it for some time and after being told this information it is making more sense. However my doctor told me they do not start treating or worrying until the tsh hits 10.

My question is if I'm feeling the signs and they decide to wait it out should I think about seeing another doctor. I believe I will hit 10 in a couple months because just three months ago my TSH was 5.3.

I just want to hear about other people's experiences with hypothyroidism.

Thank you.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Your doctor is full of c**p. With a TSH that high yoU need medication.

Anything much above 4 is hypothyroid. All to see an endocrinologist ASAP.

• Posted

Yeah I agree with dave, I had a TSH of 5.3 and I got treated right away. You need to change doctors ASAP! Don’t go back! And also get tested for Vitamind D if you haven’t also! 
    • Posted

I have crohns also, so I am already taking 4000 units of vitamin D. Thank you.
    • Posted

Haha thanks Dave.

I am thinking the same since my dad has hypothyroidism as well.

• Posted

I agree with Dave..  That's way too high.  There are plenty of other doctors around that will treat you now.  Please don't suffer.. see another doctor, or ask your current doctor for a referral to an endocrinologist, who specialize in thyroid disorders..

• Posted

Maria gave great advice about the Vitamin D..  I can bet that you also have a Vitamin D deficiency also, as it's very common in the general population, but extremely common among those with hypothyroidism.

• Posted

If I was you I would make a appointment with a endocrinologist.

Those levels are quite high for your TSH.

Are you on any medication now?

• Posted

Not yet. They want to look at my antibodies and t3

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.