hypothyroidism  and periods

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello all! Second time posting on here. I am 22 and have recently been diagnosed with hypothyroidism. First it was sub clinical and now it's just full on hypothyroidism. The thing that is worrying me is that I've not had a period in 2 months! I am on the implant so regular periods were never a given but I used to have at least a few days a week were I would bleed and now nothing? Also have been getting bad cramp and bloating as if I'm away to start but then nothing? Want to see is this is normal or if I should go back doctor and get everything checked out? 

Thanks again guys your help is brilliant 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.