Hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Was Does it mean if my TPO antibodies are 400+

Just seen endocrinologist for first time as I have been on 1200 calories diet and still not losing weight and I swim 3-4 times per week!

I was diagnosed with under active thyroid Dec 2013 and put on 75mg levothyroxine, every blood test since has been out of normal range with TSH usually around 8.5 I get meds put up by 25mg so that I am now on 175mg. Endocrinologist said that given my obesity it will probably climb to 250mg! But she's not concerned- she said thyroid would not be the reason I'm not losing weight and would send me for blood tests but discharging as not concerned 😳

She went on holiday (after sending letter to gp saying levothyroxine is likely to rise) and I got a call from another endocrinologist who said my TSH was 0.11 below normal range (T4 - 21)and levothyroxine needed reducing!

So this is normal? Different websites say TSH of 0.11 would advocate hyperthyroidism- how can I swing from hypo - hyper and it be normal?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I'll keep an eye on this discussion if you don't mind as I'm in a very similar situation

• Posted

Oh please do!! What's your story? Feel like I'm being swept aside 😬

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.