Hypothyroidism or Hyperthyroidism

Posted , 3 users are following.

My T3 is 4.2, T4 is 22.5 and TSH is 0.056. The doctor told me to take Thyronorm 75mcg. From a few days i have low blood pressure 106/75 and i am feeling dizzy and severe headache. Should I continue taking the Thyronorm.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Are you sure you have quoted that TSH correctly? It is WAY low which means you absolutely would not need thyroid medication. Normal TSH should be around 1, and you would not need medication until it went above 4. So TSH 0.056 is off the scale low.

I assume you know that high TSH means low thyroid and vice-versa.

• Posted

Yes I know Dave. The TSH is way too low. That's why I am wondering why my doctor is still insisting I continue with the meds. As of now I have stopped it from the past few dats. Going to get my reading done after a month and then check with the doctor.

• Posted

You might be having a hypo/hyper crash. And he’s saying to stay on that dose to see if it levels out. 

On a side not he may not know what he’s doing as it’s almost impossible to get T3 testing in the UK. 

• Posted

Thank you. Never heard of your brand so was curious in cause it was something called NDT, instead of just T3..
  • Posted

Hi Hun,

Could you put the range numbers - usually brackets next to your results as they differ for each lab. 

Which country are you in? I’ve not heard of Thyronom in the UK. And also the so I can see the ingredients and intake instructions. 

Are you taking it first thing in the morning with water an hour before breakfast as we do here? What do the instructions suggest? (You May have just gone on what your doctor or Endocrinologist said, in Maerica there is a brand alledgelt you take with food but it usually interferes with the absorption. 

• Posted

Hi it's all normal. and yes I was taking the meds first thing in the morning.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.