Hypothyroidism peroxidase blood test

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had hypothyroidism for about nine years and on levothyroxine I have never been to an endocrinologist but had gone to one the first part of this month to have them review an ultrasound where it showed two Nodules to see if they needed to be biopsied. He didn’t think that they needed to be since they were small but ordered labs. When the lab work came back my T4 and T3 were normal and the TPO was high at number 555 Is that a normal range for someone that has hypothyroidism? He said because that number was high and I have nodules on my thyroid he wanted to do a repeat ultrasound because it might indicate cancer Please help very worried

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Remain calm cancer does not come to people easy. If cancer comes to you it is treatable as long as you do not allow it to become terminal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.