hypothyroidism, thyroxine and

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was diagnosed with graves disease 10 years ago and went through Radio active iodine treatment two years later and since then i have become hypo and have been on thyroxine from last 8 years. My tsh, t3 and t4 are within the normal range but recently i have experienced frequent anxiousness. Have anyone experience like this?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I just started my medication Thursday and it seems like every bone, muscles and even my skin hurts. I did feel paranoid when I took it the first time, but I am gradually feeling like myself again.
    • Posted

Mind my asking which medication are you taking?

Thanks.

• Posted

im on oroxine 100mcg mondday to friday and 150 mcg on saturday and sunday. i havent changed meds or the dose
  • Posted

Has anything changed in your life?

Have you changed meds or had the dose increased/decreased?

• Posted

Hello Tim:

My name is Shelly and I am a nurse in the USA.  I have Hashimoto's thyroid disease since 1987.

Sometimes the medication Levothyroxine can make you feel anxious.  It can be longer for you to absorb it since you do not have a thyroid gland.  The body uses other organs like the liver and bowels and if your dose is high 100mcg or more,  maybe it is jagging you up.  It has been known to make people jittery and anxious in high doses.

A thyroid gland in people without thyroid disease is making the hormone in small increments and not all at once.

Maybe you could take 1/2 in the morning and then 1/2 at late afternoon to give you a 6 hour window of time. It does take about 1 hour to absorb and then it  peaks & wears down later after 6 to 8 hours.  You have a half life of the medication in you and each time you take a new dose it builds on that half-life, and then you have a level in you.

I hope this helps,

Shelly

• Posted

Hi Shelly

Thank you for your advice and im going to try this from tomorrow. I will keep posting how i feel with the changes.

Tim

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.