hypothyroidism update ...

Posted , 5 users are following.

The TSH ,T4 AND T3 - ARE OF NO USE IN ACCURATELY ASSESING THYROID HARMONE FUCTION AT CELLULAR LEVELS.

THE TABLET T4, GIVE A BEAUTIFUL BLOOD RESULT BY PLAYING THE BRAIN TSH SECRETION FROM PITUTARY GLAND BUT IT DOESNT DO THE JOB AT THE CELLULAR LEVEL. ..SO NORMAL BUT WE STILL HAVE THE SYMPTOM.

A MUST READ ARTICLE..- from National academy of hypothyroidism website...

https://www.nahypothyroidism.org/thyroid-hormone-transport/

... PLEASE READ THE REST FROM WEBSITE AND EDUCATE YOURSELF. IT HAS ALL THE ANSWER YOU ARE LOOKING FOR.

YES ,THE HOLY GRAIL.

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the article that was pasted in full here as it may breach other website's copyright. Please do not paste whole articles in posts. You can add a link to it and this will be approved as long as it complies with rules for posting links. If it doesn't then links can be exchanged via the Private Message service.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Fascinating! This agrees with Dr. John C Lowe's view. See his website, under the section: questions and answers, where you'll find links to 3 free chapters of his book. He gives alternative methods for assessing if you are on the right dose of NDT.
  • Posted

Hi, has anyone else tried doing the self test? I think it might not be valid if one is already on thyroid medication. It gave my score as 16 and said I was very unlikely to have a thyroid condition! For free T3 the test wouldn't accept my result of 150 as it was below the range specified (200-600). It looks like the test operates using different units to the normal blooid tests (in the UK at least). My conclusion is tha this self test is of limited vslue if one is slready on yhyroid medication, however it is a very useful way of scoring onesvsymptoms to keep a record of how you felt at a particular point in time. So I've made a note of the results and date done and will redo it periodically.
    • Posted

It also highlighted some other tests I need to get run. It advises:

Recommended tests are TSH, free T3, free T4, reverse T3, Sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG), antithyroglobulin antibody, TPO antibody, ferritin and leptin.

• Posted

It also has a god list of symptoms.

"Are you experiencing any of these symptoms?

Fatigue

Weight gain

Depression

Sensitivity to cold

Muscle or joint aches

Brain fog, including poor memory and poor concentration

Non-refreshing sleep

Brittle hair and nails

Constipation

Shortness of breath (often called air hunger)

Thinning hair

Sensitivity to cold

PMS

Significantly calloused heels

Chronic yeast infections

Low libido

Infertility

If you are wondering if any of these symptoms could be related to a thyroid imbalance"... seek treatment, "make sure you find a doctor that knows what tests to run, how to interpret those tests, who will look at the whole picture and most importantly knows how to treat you beyond getting your blood work normal".

• Posted

many thanks for you post barbara

i had all the symptoms slowly progressing for >5 yrs.

but just had compensated thyroid lab report 3 months ago.

( both my sister are hypo/ and tpo is 5 fold increased)

started thyroxine, felt very little better, but not much progress inlast 2 months. (now on 50mcg)

the result were normal 4weeks after start of treatment.!!! but (i was in complete mess in gen condition)

and my recent test - free t3, t4, tsh all normal .

i have all the symptoms you have listed and i need NDT asap.

can you recommend a consultant endo in london/ essex please.

my head is constantly buzzing and my cognitive skill are not as before.

my nhs follow up with endo is 3 months from now.. i might be in psychiatry ward by then if i wait that long., and might loose my hearing also.

my endo said he need rheumatolgist review as i had ana positive, anti ro antibody.

i have no other choice other than going private.

and i need someone who has experince in treating with NDT.

Any suggestion for private endo would be much appriciated.

Thanks all.

• Posted

Enlightening!!! Obviously why many of us are suffering various symptoms as well as sore heads from banging them against the wall of the surgery.  GP I have seen this morning says only TSH only needed after initial diagnosis ... and this was a fairly recently qualified young GP!! all hope lost!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.