Hysterectomy???

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey Ladies! Just looking for input from anyone who has had a hysterectomy. I'm 50 this year, and no period since October of last year. Gyn gave me Provera in June due to a thicker than normal lining. I took it in October, once I had gone a year with no period. There was no withdrawal bleed. I'm seeing my gyn of 27 years next month, and plan to insist on a hysterectomy. Everyone in my family has told me to have it done for years. (Long story involving endometriosis, surgeries, etc. so that I could become pregnant) Would just like to hear any experience you can share. At this point, I can't feel any worse. So if cancer of the uterus is the main concern, then why not hysterectomy???

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Would like to add that I was told at 22 years of age that hysterectomy was the answer due to severe endometriosis since the beginning of menses at age 13.

• Posted

Hello, well im kinda in thesame boat about Hysterectomy surgery. I am almost 50 and my i have been post menopausal since 2016 and last month i felt like i wad gonna start my period again with all the pms symptoms....i spotted for a month and about a week of that it was like a full on period. Dr says i have a fibroid and my Endometrial stripe was 11 mm. Since i had my abdominal ultrasound which gave me these results i had a full on period for about a week so im thinking my endo stripe has shrunk. I asked my dr for another Ultrasound to see where i stand with that hopefully it shrunk. I do want to have a hysterectomy though so i can avoid any future cancer. Id like to hear from anyone who has had the same problem.I love this forum....its good to talk to other women who are in the same boat and can ease my concerns. Thanks everyone.**

• Posted

I have just had a hysterectomy about 3 weeks ago in the UK managed to get it done by keyhole thought was going to be not be able to do anything but have been walking about and doing housework no heavy lifting yet though. Have managed to drive a little too. Only down side is it upsets your stomach feel like my bowels not right but he did say that the womb was attaching to my bowel when he done the operation so am hoping this will settle soon. Also just finished a course of antibotics as had an infection. Best side of it no bleeding though x

• Posted

If it were me, I would thouroughly research everything, reason being it is not something you can undue once its done. If the doctor suggesting that there is a sure chance of getting cancer then perhaps, but if you are doing it out of fear of getting it just keep in mind that every part of our body is prone to cancer and we cant start chopping away at our body. Many lady's have had great success with hysterectomy, while others gained a whole new bag of issues and regretted it. BY just removing the uterus and cervix there is no guarantee endometriosis will go away, if you have a complete hysterectomy your body will be full blown menopause, that would be hard on the body too. Have you looked into the root cause? Sometimes its a diet change, a liver detox under supervision. Our reproductive system is there for more that childbearing, this is a personal decision, but I would absolutely try everything else before taking a drastic step.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.