Hysterectomy?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'd like to hear from those of you who had to or chose to have a hysterectomy. All of the women in my family have had one. They were given hormones and said they felt SO much better. It is something I am seriously considering. At this point, my lining is 2x as thick as the doc recommends. Just feel sometimes like I'm sitting around waiting for cancer. Why not take my organs? Seeing a new gyno in 2 weeks and plan to discuss bhrt and hysterectomy. Thank you lovely ladies for your input. xx

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I had one in April 2008 and my OBGYN never said a word about hormones. Never felt a thing until March 2018..and then it was all these uncommon symptoms that nobody has ever heard a out..dizzy, internal vibration, buzzing, throat closing feeling...blah..started bhrt in March this year..not helping yet..

• Posted

Just don't get doctors??!! May I ask which bhrt you take/use?Are you still feeling just as bad? I have all that too, and it just feels like life is over sometimes. I know we're all different, but I've heard SO many "success stories. " Thank you for your response! I'm praying for all of us!

• Posted

I don't really know the name.. but it's the pellets that they put in your hip under your skin for slow release over a few months time... She did tell me that it would take 6 to 8 weeks before I started feeling anything.. but it's been more than 8 weeks. I'm going to continue though because another lady that's on the same thing told me that with the 1st injection she felt a little bit different and then by the 2nd one she felt quite a bit different and then by the 3rd when she felt like a totally different person. So it just may take a lot longer to fill the full effects of it.. I've only had one injection and then a "boost" because my levels weren't where she wanted them.So based on with the other lady told me, it could be 6-9 months before you feel good again... Now if 9 months goes by and I still don't feel in a different thought. I won't continue because insurance doesn't cover it and it's very expensive and I'm not gonna pay all that money for nothing...

• Posted

and also.. It kind of makes sense to me that going all these years without any of my own hormones.. it's not going to magically jump back into place immediately. It make sense that it might take some time.

• Posted

hi, i had a hysterectomy in april 2015 due to a 6.5 Lb fibriod, they left my ovaries. no cancer, thank the good Lord Jesus! no problems until january 2017 then one crazy symptom after another. i cant take hormones because i had a blood clot. if i could, i would!

• Posted

Hi Edell, I also had a hysterectomy and a blood clot, and now having terrible menopausal symptoms. I have talked to my doctors and now they're studying the possibility of taking some low dose HRT with a blood thinner, so I could have a better quality of life. Maybe you could talk to your doctor about that option..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.