hysterectomy 3 week ago

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi anyone is it normal after a vaganal hysterectomy 3 week after to be bleeding.i havent being taking it easy as i have kids n im worried. My cervix n womb was removed but my ovies left ?? X

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, it is natural to bleed a little about 3 weeks post op but that blood is usually quite dark, it is 'pooled' blood that basically has just been sitting there since the op as is then expelled, I appreciate that you have young children but you really must take things easy, I hope you aren't lifting them? I had a vaginal hysterectomy as well and I know that you can feel really good afterwards but remember that a lot of tissue inside has still been cut and pulled about and it needs a good long time to heal, have you got anyone who can help you? If the bleeding continues you must go to see your doc.

Please take care

Phoebe x

• Posted

Hi, I’ve seen other forums and it seems to be a pattern around week 3/4 that is ladies experience bleeding, usually bright red blood. If you fill a pad in an hour, seek medical attention, otherwise, it’s completely normal. If the bleeding increases, becomes smelly or you get pain, then you really do need to contact your GP. 

Regarding not taking things easy, please be careful, you only get one shot at getting yourself better, not doing so can cause other issues. I know you have children but take things slow,  I lifting at all. Take great care x

• Posted

Hi

After this op you should be resting for up to 6 weeks... Even after that no lifting for another month.

You really need to take it slow otherwise you will prolapse.

I had mine done in January and I didn't do anything for 8 weeks and started doing light duties after that.

I had no bleeding after 4 days but it's normal to bleed up to a month.

• Posted

Hello I had hysterectomy 2 months ago and my dr said that is normal bleeding.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.