Hysterectomy

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I'm 43 will be 44 in April been sterilised 13 years and had a endometrial ablation 3 years ago so my baby making days are truly over lol!, I have just got back from hospital and I'm going to be having a hysterectomy he said I've got to decide if to have my ovaries taken out or keep them. He recommends taking them out because endometritios feeds off oestrogen and I would go straight into menopause then which he said I might do naturally in 5-7 years myself anyway! Could anybody tell me if they have gone through hysterectomy and what was the best for them. Keeping them or taking them away.

Thank you

Sharron x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey Sharon... I am not familiar with the endometritos part... but my dr.took everything, but left "one" ovary... she said one acts like two!  I am not in menapause, at all.

I had a full abdominal hyst on Nov. 11th, I am 53... no problems at all.. she thinks that women should try to "leave them" if possible.  But we are all different, all different issues too.

Keep researching.. make sure!

Let us know.. and all the best!!!!!!

Mary - USA

• Posted

Iam 7 weeks post op. For endometriosis I had it ever where it took them 3 hours to take everything away. I had it all taken away. With endometriosis if you keep your ovaries in it will grow back. Iam 40 and so far I get hot flushes at night and a few times in the day but only last about 10 minutes.  Let me no if you need any more advice.

Good luck sam x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.