Hysterectomy

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I've had a hysterectomy back in Nov I still feel the ditches pulling does anyone know how long this will go on fot

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Caroline, sorry to hear the situation you are in. I am also quite concern as I am due to TAH next week due to cancer. I read quite a lot on the internet past few days. Possible you experience pelvis prolapse?
    • Posted

Well I hope not I better get it checked then its not all the sorry to hear you will have to take it easy I was in a lot of pain for two weeks had to take pain killers every four hrs but it does get easier I was off work for 8 weeks
    • Posted

Hi Sue, I also had a hysterectomy because of cancer, it is natural to be concerned, I was given the all clear but have check ups every 6 months for 3 years to be safe, from my own experience, I had absolutely no pain at all after the op except wind pain, I had a LAVH and BSO, I had a spinal block just before the anaesthetic and then after the op was offered pain relief but never needed it, how is your hysterectomy being done?

Phoebe

• Posted

Hi phoebe, thanks for your reply and updates. My op is next week Wednesday. I consulted 2 gynae and both said I will need to undergo the total abdominal hysterectomy. Reason given is they need to remove some lymph node tissues for biopsy as well as review surrounding organs. I wish to preserve my ovaries and oncologist said he will try preserving it. He said I should expect a recovery time of between 6 to 8 weeks if there is no other complications. Follow up visit, he has yet to inform me. With your updates, I should expect the same follow up duration. May I know what test was done during these follow up review visit?

Again thanks for infor sharing.

• Posted

Hi again, yes, on my follow ups all that is done is an internal examine and also my consultant examines my abdomine around where the liver is, as apparently this is where the cancer can spread to if it does spread, he said to me when I first saw him that if anything is going to happen it will most probably happen within those 3 years. When I saw my consultant at my 6 week post op appt he then told me about the 6 monthly checks, not all consultants are the same though.

Anything else you want to know, please just ask.

Phoebe x

• Posted

Hi Caroline, are you talking about internal stitches? You are still at very early days and some discomfort would be expected since all of your insides have been bruised and pushed around and now things have to settle down, it can take a while and of course it is different for everyone, talk to your GP if you are really concerned though.

Phoebe

• Posted

That's right it takes time I had eight weeks one woman told me I had a prolapse but I haven't I have had a lot of the problems so a hysterectomy was the last result after having two hystcopies
  • Posted

Yes I had an enteral examination at six weeks now I'm just suffering hot flushes so now on hrt a gel that I rub on to arm it he so far calm me down

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.