Hysterectomy

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

I was just wondering how other fellow hyster ladies have found menopause. I had the lot out except half an ovary when I was 29. I believe I am about a year post meno now but pure guess work obviously by symptoms any input appreciated. Symptoms are now only flushes and sweats but mild compared to previous, they just get on my nerves now lol.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Bumblebee,

I had my hysterectomy 8 weeks ago at 48- been on HRT since 1 ovary removed at 28 and complete ovarian failure by 30. I couldn't cope with the menopause at all! You name it - I had it! I had a reminder 6 weeks ago as I had to stop HRT pre-op - took 3 weeks to wear off - and boy did I know it! Banging headaches, night sweats, mood swings - luckily I was mobile more or less straight after my op - albeit a bit slow - so I was put back on HRT 2 weeks post op. Took 3 weeks to work again. I am not ready to pack in HRT yet! If the symptoms had not returned as they did I may have not taken the tablets again - but I seriously would not have coped!

• Posted

Glennie

Thanks for your reply. I had hrt after op for a year then Dr gradually reduced over the next yr so my body could slowly adjust. This time around hrt was not an option due medical issues. I find it most frustrating not really knowing where in the process I am Dr believes me to be post meno the way my symptoms have progressed. Last year was horrendous, now not bad just a bore. Anxiety and panic were on the rampage like nobodies business but coupled with all the other symptoms it never occurred to me it was menopause. It's come thick an fast just wish it would go as quickly as it came lol. Apart from a year of madness I guess I've been lucky really compared to some of the poor ladies on here. Maybe because I never had periods to cope with peri stage wasn't so bad but boy full blown menopause was pure poop! All the same it does get better soon as these hideous flushes and sweats go I will be 100% me instead of only 90%. What a hoot being a woman. Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.