Hysterectomy

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a laproscopic hysterectomy on the 28th of November 4 weeks ago I had a 2 week check up  where my doctor told me that I could go back to work so I did and I have felt pretty good for the most part and I have also been cleaning and doing laundry and so on but this week I have been having pretty significant pain and very tired is this normal?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yep definitely for someone over doing it! wink They say 6 weeks off work! You’re still healing inside x
    • Posted

thanks that is exactly what I figured I can be hard headed sometimes lol but my doctor told me I could return to work so I did I work after my 2 week appointment at a fast food restaurant so he told me if I needed to go part time  but I think that has hurt me more lol and also doing housework has probably hurt me also?
    • Posted

Definitely! I would abused getting signed back off and no lifting for 6 weeks. As soon as you rest again the pain should ease x
    • Posted

Advise not abused 😂

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth 2 weeks is very early to be goin bk to work especially on your feet allday .im nearly 5 weeks post op and im going bk to work next week on light duties as i push wheel chairs and lift adults so none of that.i have been cleaning n hovering for over 3 weeks now and felt ok.but yesterday i lifted my bed up to put something under and my stomach hurts on the right side 😣😣😣

• Posted

I thought going back to work at 2weeks was a little early but my doctor said ok so I guess this week I will be taking it easy and resting and just getting up occasionally I'm so ready for the time that everyone says I will 

• Posted

I meant to finish saying I cant wait till when everybody says I will wish I did this years ago lol 

• Posted

You will feel amazing once everything as settled! I’m 8 mths on and no bloated stomach! Heavy periods or nearly wetting nyself all the time x
    • Posted

thank you so much for the help I have had a bloated tummy and lots of pain but I guess I can just keep thinking how good I'm gonna feel 

• Posted

Yes he focus on the future I felt the same. So vulnerable and weak! Have you got peppermint tea? X
    • Posted

Hi karmaway does that work then peppermint tea as im so bloated but my bowl movements are all the place so i thought thats why im.bloated 😣

• Posted

Hi ladies yes it’ll help shift the gas from the op which is probably what some of the bloating is. Also still softeners to stop constipation which can be painful to pass. X
    • Posted

I will definitely try that but another thing wonder what will help the burning I have in my belly or could it be the stitches healing?  it seems to be worse when I have gotten up and done some housework or something like that sorry I'm not trying to burden you but you have helped me a lot 

• Posted

Don’t feel a burden! I’m happy to help anyway I can! My burned for a bit! I had keyhole laparospic. In fact one of my scars hurt for a few weeks and it can be scar tissues forming. I was told to massage them gently when the plasters were off. Always pop to your GP to get a check up or call gynae just to rule out anything else though. It’s a very strange time for us as it’s a scary and new experience ♥️. I took arnica for healing too x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.