Hysterectomy

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I had a hysterectomy two weeks ago put on hrt Estradot 100mg for hot flushes and my mood being all over the place.went back to consultant and he wants to put me on an implant of testosterone which last for 6 months.He said that would sort out my moods.Has anyone else tried this?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rachel, yes I used to be on testosterone implants and then patches, they were marvellous but then in the UK they stopped prescribing them saying they were ineffective for women and not proven to be of benefit - which was an absolute lie!  Whereabouts in the world are you writing from please?
  • Posted

Hi

l am in England Rutland the consultant I see says only available privately.

did they make your mood better and aching joints that’s what I am struggling with?

• Posted

Hi Rachel, you are so lucky your consultant has suggested testosterone, in my opinion.  When I had Intrinsa testo patches, which they no longer produce, I felt like my old young self.  My mood was great, no depression, I had physical strength and my romantic life was back on track.  I had blood tests which proved my testosterone level was nearly zero.  A lot of people don't realise that women also have a small amount of testosterone in their bodies and lack of this has a great effect on well-being. If you don't mind telling me what the costs are for implants privately in a message I would very much appreciate this as I would like to go back on testo myself if possible.  I was really balanced but as said, the NHS stopped supplying this for cost reasons although they did put out something about it being withdrawn because it wasn't effective, which astonished me as this was completely untrue.  Hope this helps you.

• Posted

I always thought testosterone on its own causes women to loose there feminine look?

I'm not a fab of synthetic hormones so I'll stick to my natural bio identical ones. I'll check with my naturopath if I can take a natural version. Good luck hun and I hope you feel more yourself soon.. I feel the same way in timesxx

• Posted

You're thinking of testo in the strength of androgens in body building men

• Posted

May be not sure.just doesn't sound very feminine but I do know that you need a bit for energy and sex drive.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.