Hysterectomy

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am on my 6th week after my full hysterectomy and not sure when I should start to drive again I go for check up on 6th august

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I believe as long as your off the pain medicine you can drive. I continued to have discomfort when I had the seatbelt on for too long as a passenger. I would sometimes hold the seatbelt away from my stomach to prevent the discomfort. But if you feel well enough and not on pain medicine I think it’s fine to drive. I would have but my hubby would drive me everywhere, he was extra concer for me :-) 
    • Posted

Thank you my job is cleaning so I lift buckets and Hoover's so think I'm going take 12 week off to be safe

• Posted

A girl I work with had the same has me and she was off 6months but I'm sure don't need 6,month off

• Posted

As long as you are off pain meds you are fine. I was driving less than a week after (was done with pain meds day after), but waited a bit to be safe and my doc said it was a go!
    • Posted

I was told no straining straining to change gear so didn't drive for 6 weeks to be sure.all told different advise.

• Posted

Generally speaking it is as soon as you are comfortable doing an emergency stop, I was actually OK at 1 week but didn't drive until week 4.

• Posted

Go for your check up first mine was about 8 weeks after my op same thing full hysterectomy safest option if you feel well enough just don't over do things I was itching to go shopping but then found couldn't carry the bags all the way to car ask someone for help it only takes you to pull something and you will be back to square one good luck and hope you feeling good I was . Nearly 12 months now couldn't feel better x

• Posted

I was off only 6 weeks. But I fought for accommodations at work. I don’t feel good. I had everything taken out. So discomfort it’s still there plus hormones pellets have been added last week. See how that goes. 
    • Posted

So would u say would be better to take longer than six weeks off I have hot sweats really bad and I am still sore on left hand side

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.