Hysterectomy

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I had my full abdominal hysterectomy 7 weeks ago and must say I have been great but my stomach Is still very swollen is this normal do u think? I went to doctor yesterday he said sounds like there's a lot of gas in there I've bn drinking peppermint tea and have the capsules but it's just not going down has anybody else felt like this after there op at this stage as the doctor said it shouldn't be like this.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi christa, I'm 7wks post op also!

I do get a swollen tummy. I read about 'swelly belly' which seems to suggest that when you're very active or on your feet too long then tum can get very swollen. Mine is like a beach ball at night if I've been very active. I'm walking 4-5m daily and trying to train as cant shift the half stone I've gained. Tum is fairly normal in the morning. Are you very active? Perhaps overdoing it?

Best of luck with the rest of your recovery - isn't it great to have it over ?!

• Posted

Hi thanks for you reply just off the phone to the doctor and if it's not any better in 2 days she said I might possibly have to go bk into hospital she says it sounds like my bowel has not quite recovered from surgery even though i have bn better going to to the toilet than before my op she said it sounds like bowel obstruction and because it's swollen it's causing my scar tissue to stretch which is causing the pain totally gutted as I was doing so good with my recovery really don't want to go bk to hospital

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.