Hysterectomy and breast pains !

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had an adominal hysterectomy on 1st October 2014 which is roughly 6 weeks post op. I feel I have recovered quite well despite me losing a litre and a half of blood in theatre and needing a transfusion. I have been taking it easy at home as I don't want any more problems, my staples have already split and part of my wound was open, but that has healed now. I am getting all the menopausal symptoms of hot flushes and night sweats, but I am also getting pains in my breasts and aches and pains in my joints, mainly hips and knees. Has anyone else experienced this?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi I have just had key hole hyst they removed everything had a lot of scaring from gangrenous pendacitous I have been home four days my health was not good prior to the op I have nerve damage dow left side of body had breast cancer last year in right brest I have been on tamoxifen since then but I am getting a lot of realy bad pain in my right breast I was told to start talking the tamoxifen after the op but if they have removed the overies why do I still need this drug and is it this causing all the pain im so glad I found this forum thank you
  • Posted

hello! seems like thanks an old thread but would like to know if breast pain is normal after hysterectomy. i have a shooting pain in my left breast that radiates yo my shoulder blade. but I have to mention that I'm also nursing my 4 month old baby. I'm worried this pain could be something more serious. If anyone sees this and Has experienced the same symptoms , kindly let me know if it's an expected after op pain or if I should see my obgyn .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.