Hysterectomy and hrt

Posted , 6 users are following.

Back in may 2015 i had full hysterctomy for an ovian cyst i was 39yrs. They told me id have to take hrt which i have since.but i feel like im a different person depression moody irritable cant cope panic attack which i already suffer now at there worst.no motivation.painful joints ect i do have fibromigle.no sex drive pain with sexi just feel the lowest of the low since the hysterectomy.was wondering could the hrt be makeing these symtoms.help !!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi 

I had a full hysterectomy 2004 I was put on HRT straight away. Tiberlone 2.5mg But 

late last year I was put on Premarin, it gave me a thumping headache, nausea only took it for a few days and asked to be put back on tiberlone. 

I only take one every other day, which seems to suit me. 

There are lots of HRTs so don’t be afraid to ask to try another.

Hope iv helped in some way 

• Posted

Hi thanks for your reply i tried gel to start with but didnt seem to be working then had patches but they didnt stay on and i had a rash.now iam on tablets elleste sole 1mg.but i wonder is everythk im feeling because of the hrt tablets or menopause or just the results of hysterectomy.
    • Posted

Hi 

HRT shouldn’t be making you feel like that if it’s the right one.

im 57 and my skin and hairs in good condition, and no dryness and havnt any issues with sex side of things. Your still a young woman, I would go back and see your GP. 

Good luck hope you get sorted. 

• Posted

Thanks julie.

I am just guessing its the hrt that is making me feel like this.i was unsure if to stop hrt altogether or like you say change it.i feel like ive been thrown in the deep end with no help or adverse of any nurse.before the hysterectomy i had panic attacks but i could cope with stuff now i feel like my hole life has fell apart i struggleing every single day. 

• Posted

Hi Sally,

I had a full hysterectomy 6 months ago.  I was already in menopause and went on HRT the following morning.  In comparison to how I felt pre op, I’m absolutely loving HRT, although I do remember feeling very emotional for a few weeks.

I was initially on Estrofem 2mg which I found a little intensive so dropped to 1mg daily which suits me.  The only thing I’ve noticed is that I seem to be shredding hair like mad, but my hairdresser says that could just be from the op, plus it’s summer!  I’ve googled the side effects to  Estrofem and it’s not one of those listed.

Maybe try another brand, or ask your doctor about coming off HRT for a while so you can see any differences.  Whatever you do, I wish you well.

• Posted

Thank you japplej i an see my doctor and going to see what they thinknis best.
    • Posted

That’s reassuring your status. I’m going in to have a full hysterectomy 28th Feb and already been told need to go on HRT as only 46. Big decisions made and to be made but 20 yrs of struggling I need some relief now. 
  • Posted

Hope you managed to get sorted Sally. Took a few times to get my HRT right - and I've been on it for years both pre and post hysterectomy. I can remember my dosage was too low to start with for me. I am on Elleste solo 2mg now - suits me fine. If we were all the same life would be so boring! You can't say you haven't given your current HRT a decent trial!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.