Hysterectomy and Open Heart Surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Ladies,

I am new to this forum and looking for some help.

I had an open heart surgery 5 months ago to repair my mitral valve. The surgery went so smooth and the pain was so manageable. I cam home after 5 days taking only Tylenol.

Now I am faced with another major surgery in Sept and my anxiety is high again. I keep reading how painful Hysterectomy is and not sure if I can compare to my open heart surgery. 

Anyone here had both of these surgeries done? I would love to hear from somebody about this. 

Thank you

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I had cardiac ablation last July.  Five months later I had a robotic hysterectomy.  I did not use pain killers stronger than Aleve for either but both had their own challenges.  I can’t say that I would prefer one over the other.  Good luck.
  • Posted

Hi Helen

I'm sorry I haven't had both surgeries only tvh but I think it's way to early for another major op in my opinion.

Your body needs time to heal from the heart op which in itself is very major work.

I would leave it 12 mths if it was me but that's just my take on it.

Tvh is major surgery again and can take a good 12mths to fully heal internally. I'm surprised your consultant would operate so soon .xx

• Posted

Hi Helen. 

God bless your overcoming your open heart surgery. Welcome to the forum. 

I’ve been absent for awhile and truly find this group uplifting and supportive. 

I’m so sorry for another challenge for you. I’ve never been through the what you’ve gone through, only the hysterectomy. The hysterectomy is definitely another challenge. What I share is that you must listen to your surgeons and physicians. I made the mistake of not listening and was in bed rest for an additional 3 weeks. Please reach out. Reach out to this wonderful forum as often as you can. Great support and spirit!!! 

Hugs! 🤗🤗🤗💕

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.