Hysterectomy group

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi Ladies,

Thank you for accepting me into this forum. The advanced nurse practitioner at my GP has just been telling me about this group- she has honestly been my rock through all of this along with my husband and our family and friends. The reason for me joining is due to failed pelvic floor repair after 8 months from Nov 17, followed by a laproscopy in June 18 where adenomyosis was found and now having just undergone a successful sacro-hysteropexy (abdominal cut, womb lifted and with the use of mesh womb attached to sacrum).

I'm 31 and live in Lancashire and have just had surgery on 10th April for sacro-hysteropexy. My surgery went really well and I am now so happy I had it done . I was so nervous before hand as I was also given the option of and being pushed more towards the subtotal hysterectomy with sacro-cervicopexy with ovarian conservation due to having adenomyosis and only signed a new consent form the day of my procedure for the hysteropexy as I just felt uneasy about having the hysterectomy done at my age. I was scared incase I felt different as a person and was worried about feeling like a part of me would be missing as crazy as this might sound.

I was in Spire for 4 nights, 5 days and the care from all staff was amazing. My consultant was so understanding, he always took the time to explain things in detail and allowed me to ask as many questions as I needed to. My cut was done abdominally and is so neat- he really is a master in his work. Since coming home on Sunday I have had to return for a urine sample and some swabs to test for an infection down below but despite a few initial rough days I feel like I am starting to turn a corner.

Any advice, hints or tips from ladies who have had this procedure done would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Emma

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I am undecided about having a hysterectomy at 73 years of age, having had a heart attack two years ago and Copd, not sure if it would be keyhole or invasive surgery as it is not known till the proceedure is assessed, I must say that I the problems with the prolapse have become a pain frequent toilet visits some times not actually making it, because the prolapse has actually protruded it is difficult to bend. My age makes me a bit nervous so keep putting it off.

• Posted

hello ladies

I had a tvh hysterectomy last January and it was very straight forward indeed.

I understand that yiur a lot older than me ,with health issues but I was very surprised how pain free the surgery was and I had it done vaginally for uterus pulling down bear vaginal entrance when straining but not visible by me on standing ,however it dud cause me to get up twice at night but that has all stopped now.

different consultants have there own way of doing the procedure.. keyhole,vaginal,and of course open surgery which takes longer to recover from due to the size of scar.

I was age 50 and done early menopause at age 45 so I wasnt too bothered about having it done . I had no use of my uterus anymore and it never caused me any issues during my fertility years so felt it wzs the right time to give it up.

I hope you make the right choice fir you going forward and healing

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.