Hysterectomy If Bleeding?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

I'm due to have surgery today and typically after having a very unusual and lovely week of no bleeding whatsoever, I've started bleeding quite heavily this morning. I'm 99% sure they will still carry on with the surgery but wondered if anyone else had this. I think it's going to be quite embarrassing. I can't believe today of all days :-(

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I was in exactly the same position as you just over a year ago, feeling exactly the same way you do now. Don't worry too much. Let the nurse know you are menstruating so they can give a a pad or knickers (they had super pads for me designed specifically for this scenario).My nurse jocked, they'll be blood regardless and the surgeon would have come across a menstruating patient many many times. Look on the bright side- this will be your final period and you'll remember its anniversary as it'll be the same date as your surgery!!!!

• Posted

I don't know why I'm so worried. I was a community nurse for  years and people's bodily functions never phased me one bit. I don't know why I'm being such a prude now lol. Maybe just nerves. Thank you so much for your your support. How are you feeling one year on? 

• Posted

Hi,

One year and 1 month on I've gained 2 stones (over eating during recovery period) but otherwise feel fantastic. For me it was the best thing for me after years of hernia pain and ghastly periods due to fibroids.

I know all will go well for you. As a nurse I needn't say this to you (but will) get lots of rest.

All the best, stay on touch and us know how you're feeling in a few days

• Posted

They"ll be used to all this - nothing new under the sun and only embarrassing to you! I hope by now you are reassured and that you know whether or not they will go ahead. I know how it feels to have this op hanging over you - good luck! Let us know what happens. Hugs

• Posted

I'm relieved I'm not the only one this has happened to. Hopefully they will put me at ease. I think it's more the thought of  than the actual deed.I'm not actually being admitted until 14.30 so still a couple of hours to go. Thanks for the good luck wish and hug. I'm taking them in with me :-)

• Posted

You are going to feel so so good when this is all over! And it can never be as bad as we fear smile xx
  • Posted

It makes no difference to the hospital. After all, isn't that the very reason they are taking it out? Bloods blood and they encounter blood every surgery.

• Posted

I had my period when I had my surgery and they didn't seem to care. There will be blood with the surgery anyway and they are used to dealing with the female issue side of it anyway! Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.