Hysterectomy keep the cervix or remove it. How does this affect your sex life

Posted , 5 users are following.

Due to have hysterectomy in 2 weeks. I have been told so many different stories of keep your ovaries which I am my provider actually stated that he would be leaving both of my ovaries. No mention of keeping my cervix. Worried about sexual relationship after having cervix removed hurt so many stories so uncertain any advice would be appreciated thank you please share

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Michelle,

I had my cervix removed in December and they only left the 2 ovaries so that I did not go into early menopause. My sex drive has increased tenfold, I had a very low libido prior to the operation. I was hesitant in having sex but it did not feel uncomfortable at all. I am 42 and wished that I had the operation a lot earlier. And now I am thoroughly enjoying my sex life more than I ever have. I had also heard through a friend that she knows someone else who was the same as me...but I guess not everyone has the same outcome.

• Posted

Hi Michelle

I had vaginal hysterectomy 13 wks ago. I had cervix removed and kept ovaries. I'm 50 slim and healthy.. Don't smoke drink or eat meat but hey here I am with pelvic floor issues 😠

I haven't tried sex yet as I'm waiting for my lubrication I ordered of a well known website that sell all women's health lubricants. I am aware that some women do not have cervical contractions anymore once they have it removed but to be honest I orgasm externally most of time so it didn't worry me. Some women are no difference at all and still get cervical contractions. I think we are all different but hey before long you will be able to try it out 😋. I haven't tried yet as I need plenty of natural lub to be comfortable.

I Had to have my cervix out as it was saying hello just at entrance when bearing down😏.

Hope this helps you xx

• Posted

I had cervix removed with tvh 5 months ago. Having some pain with sex but not related to not having cervix. Mine feels more external like I had an episiotomy that is healing. I am 54.
    • Posted

Hi hun

I'm 2 mths behind you. I'm scared to even try sex😏😏 .I have ordered yes natural pub so hopefully it will be fine. My hubby been very patient 😋x

• Posted

Oops that was mean to read lube!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.