Hysterectomy oophorectomy and nightsweats

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've recently had a hysterectomy. I had already had my ovaries removed four years before due to Endometriosis and I was on hrt until the hysterectomy, estrogen patch 1mg and micronised progesterone. I had to stop the HRT before the hysterctomy and very quickly nightsweats started again. Now 6 weeks after the hysterectomy I have started HRT again on the same dose ( the maximun according to GP) but I am still experiencing nightsweats, even if less intense and therefore my sleep is badly disturbed.

Is anybody in the same situation?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

Hi, I had everything out and abdomen lining oh and appendix, but left my lymph nodes, all due to a massive 45cm cyst last October, so nearly a year ago now. all was well in the end and no further treatment needed. I am not on HRT but do have hot flushes. they vary quite a bit. I try to eat things that help such as yogurt, valarian tea, liquorice, and now I take menopause tablets. I'm sure it all helps as they seem less, but best thing for me is outside gardening, no hot flushes all day and then get indoors and I can have one, really weird. they don't last long but still an intense heat and sweating, my back itches and I get a strange sensation in my hands , it's horrible. since surgical menopause my hands really ache, more so some days.some morning's I can't close them, fingers feel like they will burst with pressure, but then it eases. never had that before so definitely a menopausal symptom. I have also lost my libido and desperately trying to get it back. I think part of that is psychological. my tummy is still tender if pushed or prodded even almost a year on.have a big scar from pubic area up and around my belly button and about 3 inches up. I would recommend valarian tea for sleeping better. smells like wet dog but taste ok.

• Posted

Thank you for your answer. I will try the valarian tea.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.