Hysterectomy/ pelvic floor repair

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi. Just found this group after quite a lot of searching. I wasn’t given any real information before or after my op so don’t really know what to expect. I’m 10 days post op for vaginal hysterectomy ( womb, cervix and right tube ) and posterior pelvic floor repair. Has anyone had problems with severe pressure/pain in their bottom? It can be really painful at times. I didn’t quite expect this as I haven’t actually had an op there! It took a week but I’m now passing soft bm’s so don’t think it’s to do with that. I’m still struggling to walk around and even though I’ve been signed off from work for 4 weeks I thought I would be feeling a lot better than what I am. Any advice/ info would be greatly appreciated.

2 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Bobsey

You have been given some great advice from the forum girls!!!

Wishing you rest and all the best

Peta

• Posted

Hi x yes these  forums are a great help. I thought I’d be okay after 6 weeks, but not until week 10 did I start to feel myself again and I went back to work on Fridays after 12 weeks.

This was definitely needed. I could not imagine going back after 4. My mum and mum in law were still picking up my toddler and taking her to their houses while husband  was at work until around week 7 as to avoid any straining.

It is very boring and very depressing being so restricted but please take lots of rest and have lots of help.

Just go for small walks and listen to your body xx

• Posted

Hi. Thanks so much for your reply. It’s great to hear that someone is finally starting to feel a bit normal again.It sounds like I need to be more patient! I just keep thinking I want to be normal and get back to work again. 

I’m going to see my gp today as I’m not sure if I’ve got an infection ( maybe thrush ) very sore and itchy but no discharge now. 

Did you have the posterior repair? I sneezed this morning and nearly cried because it hurt my bottom so much. If I walk longer than 5 mins and that’s only around the house it feels like everything is going to fall out. I lifted an empty plate and again the pain was something else. Is this normal? 

Thanks again for listening x

• Posted

My hysterectomy 12 years ago was a breeze compared to all the repair work o had done 8+ weeks ago. Especially the anterior. For me the pain meant pressure- and after 1 (or often more) trips to the bathroom, Empty bowels brought relief. Although not always immediately if passing was a struggle. Now at the first bit of pressure I at least try to go.
  • Posted

I did return to work on light duty after 2 weeks. (2 - 4 hour days). Then increasing til this week is my first full time schedule. I believe that the effort actually helped my healing. after 4 hours I was of course a bit sore and swollen but I was getting things moving.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.