Hysterectomy /pelvic prolapse surgery November 21 feeling nervous

Posted , 4 users are following.

Feeling uneasy as surgery will be I. Nov 21.  Robotic da Vinci and urogyn

Will be doing the surgery.  Hysterectomy will be completed, also bladder lift with mesh and the uterus will be removed. It’s s big surgery procedure and they will also be removing a small fibrous in uterus and checking ovary for a suspicious spot. 

I’ve had several surgery’s and never felt like I was super worried.  Maybe I’ve just got to much time to think about it.   Prayers are appreciated!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I had my hysterectomy 3 months ago and like you had many many surgeries but this one made me very nervous and I have to say doing the surgery robotically was the best decision I ever made.

​I promise you, you are going to be ok.  I was so nervous and had lots of panic attacks in the days and weeks leading up to my date and now i look back and  think what was i worries about.  Yes it is major surgery but you are going to be ok!  You will be happy you did it and when it is all over in a few months you will look back and think why was I worries!

Be well and good luck!

• Posted

Debrad11,

I will be exactly 1 month behind you (12/21). I have pelvic prolapse and they will be doing a hysterectomy, putting my bladder back where it belongs & a TVT sling (Urethra sling). I'm more nervous about this surgery than I have been about ones in the past. 

Part of my nervousness is that I just got done with 2 surgeries for kidney stones. 1 in October & 1 in November. I also had sepsis with the one in October so I had a long hospital stay.

The good thing is that the sepsis is gone & my kidneys are getting back to normal. It's just a whole lot in a short period of time. Keep us posted.

Prayers sent

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.