Hysterectomy scar

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I've had a hysterectomy two years ago I've noticed that the scar is still red is this normal it doesn't hurt or itch

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Caroline,

Did you have one of those really low incisions just above your pubic bone, or the kind that is higher on your abdomen?  And is it horizontal across your belly, or is it up and down?  And do you tend to get keloid scarring in other places, like raised up thick scars?  Just in general, like if you cut yourself or have any other kind of operation?  Some people (like me) tend to keloid, and the scars don't flatten out for a while.  And some are worse than others, both in different people, and with different incisions on the same person.  Like in different parts of your body.  I have had some that looked really scary in the beginning (like for the first few years), but then they flattened out and got kind of shiny and neutral colored.  Mine usually itch like crazy though.  And our bellies are sort of tender and soft skin, which usually scars a little bit more than like a place on your body that is more exposed and toughened up.  I hope this helps some.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.