Hysterectomy soon - consultant changed?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Well I finally got to see my admission paperwork today for op on 21st April - after a chat to PALS - God knows what happened to the postal copy- I had the letter e-mailed to me. 1 thing stands out like a sore thumb - I now appear to have a totally different consultant doing my op. Has this happened to anyone else?  I don't know if I am happy about it or not - I do want fixed - but you kind of think the person who orginally examined you would be the one who would do the op!! 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

You would of thought so i had mine in Nov 2015 and had it done on the NHS but in a private hospital I had had this consultant a few years back and knew he was the best so i made sure it was him who did the operation it was under book and choose if it had been someone else i wouldn't have gone through with it make sure you are happy with the person who doing it don't settle for excuse s all the best

• Posted

Thanks - on paper looks like this consultant may be more qualified - but I am not entirely sure! To be honest if they fix me and do a good job- I won't care. Just have to see on the day - I'm not going to cancel!!

• Posted

It may be because the new consultant s list is shorter ?

I've been passed back to another consultant as the guy I was seeing said I will have a longer wait if I want him to do the OP and it's not fair to be waiting so long x

• Posted

Hi I had a pre op for hysterectomy 4 weeks ago and haven't recived my date yet I've tried ringing the receptionist but it's like trying get blood out of a stone she never answers the phone😞!!!! How long were you waiting for a admission date? If you don't mind me asking thanks

• Posted

Hi Lisa,

I rang constantly for a week and finally got my date after 6 days of pestering (including my husband ringing too!!!). It's a shame - but the admin is the biggest issue not the medics or doctors. You really need to contact PALS at your hospital and ask them to find out on your behalf. Once you contact them they HAVE to investigate any query you may have. It may be the admin who is working for your consultant is off - and noone is answering that phone. It won't mean there won't be dates being given out - just not being given over the phone! Please try PALS tomorrow and let me know how you get on. As a rule of thumb you should be in around the 8 week mark - I had my operation on week 8 from my pre-op. Word of warning - once you have your date - if you are taking any medications check with pre-op department whether you still take them. I found out I should have stopped one of mine - and fortunately found out just in time! Hope you get your date!!!

• Posted

Hi thanks for your reply I've rang pals 4 times last week on 3 different numbers and I got no answer so I'll try the receptionist again tomorrow I'm sure I'll get it one day lol but before I have my surgery I have to have a blood test 6 days before it can't be before and it can't be after its got to be bang on 6 days it's because I've had a couple of blood transfusions aparently but I'll keep ringing and hopefully someone will actually answer the phone I'm a little worried tho as it's been sent through the post and it's gone somewhere else

• Posted

Hi Lisa,

Send PALS an e-mail today - try and put in all the details of phone calls you have made to secretary and PALS, and if you can put a read receipt on your e-mail so you know if it has been read. If you get to Tuesday without reply ring the hospital switchboard and ask to the most senior manager you can as you need answers! Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.