Hysterectomy soon help!!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I think I posted before in the wrong section , anywoo! I go in on the 19th of January for a hysterectomy and overseas removed etc   And I am feeling a little apprehensive  also in my area operations that are not urgent are getting cancelled I just hope mine goes ahead as do a lot more I am sure . 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Why are you getting a hysterectomy if you dint mind me asking
    • Posted

Hi  erika, I am having hysterectomy for bleeding on the menopause and multiple fibroids and pain ,I've also had polyps removed twice . I am hoping that the surgery will stop all the above and I can get on with my life I am 59yrs old and work part time .

• Posted

Why are some procedures getting postponed? My insurance company didn’t approve mine until 4 pm the day before my surgery. Very stressful. I had already planned to be off work, and worked a month ahead. All your worries are very understandable. It will all end up ok in the end. I’m at one month to the day post op from a more complicated surgery than they expected. I’m doing very well for the most part. Good luck. 
    • Posted

Hi carol, thanks for reply I live in England and the operation is being done on the Nhs so that's the reason it could be cancelled as the winter time here means lots of people getting ill and shortage of hospital beds but, I am praying it goes ahead  and I can start on the road to recovery like yourself I will keep you posted . X

• Posted

You be fine I had mine on 30 Nov and was very nervous. Only in 2 days then sent home have to admit first week felt so tired and nervous about doing anything. Had good couple days following week and tried to do way too much not good idea. Hope they don't cancel it I had mine postponed 2 weeks which was ok was told week before. It now  just over 5 weeks and feeling much better started taking dog walk each day lucky she gentle dog so no pulling!!  I find I do a little then rest and on line shopping been so good. Also I listen now  to what my body tells me. Good luck 

• Posted

Meant to say I 59 had op because they found a cyst don't think it anything nasty but offered a hysterectomy same time, so I was actually feeling healthy and then had operation.

• Posted

Thanks Debi for replying I am glad your recovery has been going well for you and that your up and about walking your dog  i am well in myself  at the moment so trying to get the house in order before I go in so hubby can just maintain it as well as look after me lol! He  is retired so at home all day thankfully I will let you know if they post phone my op hopefully it will go ahead 🙇Xx

• Posted

Hi i was due full abdo hystetectomy at st james on same date as yours and i received the call friday to say mine is cancelled. Apparently any surgery that needs inpatient stay will be cancelled xx
    • Posted

Hi Lynn , sorry you've been cancelled mine is still on for Friday as yet so I will let you know if I get cancelled  .xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.