Hysterectomy.... Surgery date set....I am so nervous

Posted , 8 users are following.

My surgery date has been set for October 7 and I am a nervous wreck. I am extremely overweight and so worried about complications during and after surgery. I have high blood pressure and anxiety. I went to my primary Dr and got a medical clearance for surgery and all my blood work was fine except for my WBC which is a little elevated. Has anyone been in my shoes ?

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello,

I was so scared out of my mind.. I had mine done on Monday Sept. 19th.. 4 days ago.

Its the waiting game.. That always had me going.. Then on the day of I just want to go home and come back another day.. But i just wanted it over and done with.. I am very happy that its finally over with and i am home now recovering!! It wasnt as bad as my mind keeped thinking it was gonna be..

Good Luck to you!! You will do just fine!!

??

• Posted

Thats so true i was scared to death when I had mine last year in Nov now I wonder why I worried so much I had a very good surgeon and had two anaesthetics a general and a spinal which scared me to death but now I realise it was all worth it to stop all my troubles good luck to anyone going through this you'll be fine

• Posted

Hi, Michele,

Wondering how your surgery went?  I hope it went well and that you're doing okay!

Please let me know! xx

Lynda

• Posted

Hey Lynda. Surgery went well. I am still in hospital and may get to go home tomorrow or Monday . he tried doing the robotic but I had too much scarring from my 4 previous c-sections so he had to do it the old fashion way.
    • Posted

Glad to know that the surgery went well.  I replied to another of your posts, as I'm not getting any notifications from Patient.  

Please be gentle with yourself as you heal!  Will be praying for you! xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.